Saturday, March 1, 2008

Cupcakes>cakes








I loooove cupcakes because they come in the best flavors and they can be elegant or silly. I hate how dry most cakes get and even though fondant makes for stylish cakes, it rarely tastes good. I've been searching for recipes on the numerous cupcake blogs and in recipe books to find just the right pair of flavors. We're thinking of having an additional dessert area as well. We can have s'mores over the portable(and beautiful!) marble fireplaces they have at the winery...

Or a caramel fountain with apples from the orchards in Minnesota and Wisconsin. Yum!
And the ever popular and almost overdone candy buffet. I love the idea of it but only if the theme is something besides color. I adore themes like "our favorite childhood candy" or "sweet and sour" or even "State Fair sweets". I'm also a big fan of dessert buffets with family recipes and bottles or shot glasses of cold milk with straws! I have much to say about this last option so I'll save it for another post!

1 comment:

~*Amy*~ said...

Hi, Alyssa! Just visiting after you introduced yourself on the knot board (I'm butrfly4404)...Just wanted to say that with your wedding date, minnesota grown apples would be a perfect favor! ESP if you offer caramel ones!