Saturday, April 5, 2008

How can I make photobooth pictures even sillier?

I had to post this idea before it escaped from my fleeting memory.

We are having a photobooth at our wedding which is so exciting and fun for everyone. I know people make funny faces in them and it's great to look at everyone's pictures but I figured I'd step it up. The sole inspiration for my idea of having "photobooth props" was the beautiful wooden mustache, pictured below, from the craft website etsy. I wanted everyone to hold them up as Josh and I walked down the aisle as husband and wife but that idea was apparently "weird" or "stupid" I don't remember which.


Sooo...I thought it would be fun to have a few disguises or props for the photo booth-for those who need a little coaxing out of their shells. I figure people will take even goofier pictures if they feel like the props made them do it! I've already collected fake noses, teeth, and mustaches like these:



I obviously find mustaches highly amusing. I'm not sure how I'll display these for maximum usage but I was thinking a tray, a tall vase for the mustaches on a stick, and sanitizing wipes so things don't get messy. Blech. A woman from Minnesota made these cute prop bags for her wedding. The bubblegum is a great idea!

I also plan on using this pirate ship photo-op I bought for kids and immature adults to pose behind:

And this is just because it's the most awesome idea ever and I unabashedly covet it:

No comments: